Restaurant Review (Blue Hill Tavern)

938 South Conkling St
Baltimore, MD 21224
(443) 388-9363
www.bluehilltavern.com

After spending an evening at a business networking event at the Blue Hill Tavern, I was able to enjoy the bar that is open to the skyline upstairs as well as the sitting balcony. The next time I came back with friends we were seated down stairs in the dining room. The interior décor is really quite wonderful and a lot of thought and care was put into the overall design of the restaurant. The menu is simple American food done well, with some modern takes of classic dishes. I had the roast chicken that was moist and fell off the bone, mashed potatoes and gravy, and perfectly cooked broccoli. The only complaint I had was the pieces of broccoli were rather large. Our appetizers included feta butter and olive tapenade and were gone a few seconds after hitting the table. Their macaroni and cheese is creamy and gooey, and became a point of struggle as everyone wanted a taste of my friends food. Another ordered the tomato soup with mini grilled cheeses and that did not last long either. As far as pricing goes, I believe they are true to the value and quality of the food you are receiving. I would definitely go back for a special occasion, but it is not a weekly place I would visit.

Blue Hill Tavern on Urbanspoon

Baltimore Things To Do

No comments:

Post a Comment